- The Education Resource Center (ERC) provides preschool through grade 12 curriculum resources and related services for the preparation and professional development of educators in support of national and Delaware content and performance standards.
- The Office of Certification and Accreditation provides current information about educator certification requirements for students and faculty and compiles information required to ensure the continued state approval and national accreditation of all educator preparation programs.
- The Office of Clinical Studies works with faculty and school districts to secure valuable early field experience placements and student teaching placements for teacher candidates. The office also ensures that candidates have completed their clearances to enter the field.
- The University Council for Teacher Education (UCTE), a university-wide governing body, has the primary organizing, coordinating, and unifying responsibility for the preparation of teachers and other professional education personnel.
- Delaware Department of Education List of Financial Assistance Programs
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- TEACH Grant Program. For more information, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (302) 831-2126 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their grants web page.
Teacher candidates often participate in the education-related organizations listed below. For information on the more than 450 registered student organizations at UD, visit the StUDent Central website.
- Association of Pre-Professional Leaders in Education (APPLE)
- Autism Speaks U
- Best Buddies
- International Reading Association (IRA) Student Literacy Council
- Kappa Delta Pi national education honor society
- Secondary Educators of Tomorrow
- Students Teaching Educating Enriching & Reaching (STEER)
- Student Association for the Education of Young Children (SAEYC)
- Student Council on Children with Special Needs (SCCSN)