- Center for Disabilities Studies focuses on improving the quality, quantity, and range of public and private services and supports available in Delaware for individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Delaware Academy for School Leadership (DASL) is a professional development, research and policy center working to improve public education. It serves leaders throughout their careers and at all levels of the educational system, providing a range of research-based training programs, policy initiatives and consulting services.
- Delaware Education Research and Development Center conducts research, evaluation, and policy analysis to support the improvement of education and human services in Delaware and the nation.
- Delaware Stars for Early Success establishes quality standards for early child care programs and provides technical assistance as they engage in quality improvement efforts. Delaware Stars developed a Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) used to assess, improve and communicate the level of quality in early care and education and school-age settings.
- Education Resource Center (ERC) provides preschool through grade 12 curriculum resources and related services for the preparation and professional development of educators in support of national and Delaware content and performance standards.
- National Leadership Consortium on Developmental Disabilities (NLCDD) works in partnership with major national developmental disability organizations to offer a variety of short-term, intensive leadership development experiences, an on-line certificate program, undergraduate- and graduate-level campus based programs, distance learning opportunities, mentoring opportunities, a resource-rich website as well as research and technical assistance.
- Professional Development Center for Educators (PDCE) provides professional development services customized to meet the needs of participating schools and districts in core subjects and instructional practices and through grant funded projects.
- Delaware Reading & Writing Project (DRWP) provides professional development created by Delaware teachers for Delaware teachers in the area of literacy. All presentations are linked to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), include differentiation, and are aimed at increasing student achievement in literacy.
- Delaware Social Studies Education Project (DSSEP) is a social studies initiative to advance the status and quality of social studies education by locating and developing resources, identifying and disseminating resources aligned to the Delaware content standards, providing quality professional development and providing current information on devolpments in social studies education.
- Delaware Teachers Institute (DTI) is an educational partnership between the University of Delaware and five New Castle County school districts: Appoquinimink, Christina, Colonial, New Castle County Vocational-Technical, and Red Clay Consolidated. The Institute is designed to strengthen teaching and learning in the community’s public schools. DTI is situated in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Delaware, and is led by a University faculty group and a committee of teacher leaders.
- Delaware Teacher Center offers a statewide program of workshops, conferences and community services for Delaware educators and maintains nine centers where educators can prepare free instructional materials for the classroom. It is funded by the Delaware Department of Education and the Delaware legislature.
- Alternative Routes to Certification (ARTC) offers an alternative to the traditional route to teacher certification in Delaware. Through ARTC, qualified individuals complete certification requirements while they are employed as full-time teachers, through a state-approved program of professional education course work, accompanied by intensive, school-based supervision and mentoring in lieu of student teaching.
- The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) ensures the preparation of highly qualified educators through the accreditation of programs in which data drive decisions; resources and practices support candidate learning; and candidates demonstrate knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions geared toward raising student achievement.
- Delaware Department of Education
- Delaware Transition to Teaching Partnership (DT3P) is an exciting new project designed to help anyone with a background in Math, Science, English, or Technology and Engineering, become a teacher in a high-need, grade 6-12, Delaware public school.
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) and PRAXIS information
- The Office of Clinical Studies is responsible for the field-based component of all teacher education programs at the University of Delaware. It provides assistance in securing field placements and ensures the placement is a valuable experience for the student.
- State Teacher Certification Offices
- Teacher Education supports all professional education programs at the University by providing current information for teacher certification requirements, professional education program information, financial aide opportunities, and job placement. The office also compiles information required to ensure continued certification of all professional education programs.
- The University Council for Teacher Education (UCTE), a university-wide governing body, has primary organizing, coordinating, and unifying responsibility for the preparation of teachers and other professional education personnel.