Professional Development Resources
The University of Delaware provides many professional development resources that can support your life-long learning as an educator.
- Education Resource Center (ERC) provides preschool through grade 12 curriculum resources and related services for the preparation and professional development of educators in support of national and Delaware content and performance standards.
- Professional Development Center for Educators provides professional development services customized to meet the needs of participating schools and districts in core subjects and instructional practices and through grant funded projects.
- Delaware Academy for School Leadership is a professional development, research and policy center working to improve public education. It serves leaders throughout their careers and at all levels of the educational system, providing a range of research-based training programs, policy initiatives and consulting services.
- Delaware Reading & Writing Project (DRWP) provides professional development created by Delaware teachers for Delaware teachers in the area of literacy. All presentations are linked to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), include differentiation, and are aimed at increasing student achievement in literacy.
- Delaware Social Studies Education Project (DSSEP) is a social studies initiative to advance the status and quality of social studies education by locating and developing resources, identifying and disseminating resources aligned to the Delaware content standards, providing quality professional development and providing current information on devolpments in social studies education.
- Delaware Teacher Center offers a statewide program of workshops, conferences and community services for Delaware educators and maintains nine centers where educators can prepare free instructional materials for the classroom. It is funded by the Delaware Department of Education and the Delaware legislature.
- Delaware Teachers Institute (DTI) is an educational partnership between the University of Delaware and five New Castle County school districts: Appoquinimink, Christina, Colonial, New Castle County Vocational-Technical, and Red Clay Consolidated. The Institute is designed to strengthen teaching and learning in the community’s public schools. DTI is situated in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Delaware, and is led by a University faculty group and a committee of teacher leaders.
- Southern Delaware Professional Development Center is dedicated to providing school districts and current/future educators with research-based exemplary practices that have the highest impact on student achievement. In addition, we provide support in curriculum development and alignment to Common Core State Standards, pedagogical support, and responsive professional development based on individualized district needs.
- Common Core Standards Resources
- Operation Educate the Educator
- Resources for Dual Language Learners (DLLs) and their Families
- UD Jobs